Purpose: To strengthen loving connections, solve problems together, and create a more peaceful family.
- Gather together once every week or so in a place where you can easily bond.
- Set groundrules:
- Each person gets a chance to speak.
- Listen without interrupting
- Keep an open mind.
- Allow for equal voices regardless of age (within reason).
- Create Guidelines for a Peaceful Family together. Have each member sign them.
- Post your guidelines and revisit them on a regular basis.
- Use your meetings to plan family activities too.
- Affirm each other with hugs and kinds words at the end of each meeting.
- Make it fun!
Naomi Drew, author of The Kids’ Guide to Working Out Conflicts. LearningPeace.com